4.01.2008

April Is Here!!!

As I left our apartment for my morning run, I was ready for the chill I had grown so accustomed to: track pants, long sleeve T, fleece jacket, and hat. I was met, however, by a very pleasant surprise: SPRING!!! all 57 degrees of it! Oh, I loved my run this morning! (after I removed the hat and fleece!)

April has always been one of my favorite months. Partly the new warmer weather, partly the flowers blooming, but mostly because it's my birthday month! Because I was born on the 22nd, I feel like celebrating the moment April 1st rolls around. And this causes me to wonder... do people with birthdays in the beginning of the month have such a high attachment to their birthday month? I would like to hear from all of you readers out their (which may only be my parents, Julie and Anna... you faithful few!) Just leave a comment below... and if you're not sure exactly how to do that, click on the "0 comments" below my post. Maybe I should offer a prize for a certain number comment... hm, would that motivate you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do I get a prize for being the first to comment? Wow, I have never made a comment before. It is not as bad as I thought it would be. :-)

Yes, April is a fabulous month. (My birthday is April 7th.) Even though it is early in the month, I have always enjoyed the whole month.

Anna Kristina said...

I do have a warm spot in my heart for July... but I think that maybe I don't get as excited because it's the 2nd. It's hard to get excited in June, and then it just jumps out at me as soon as the month starts. I would also attribute it to the fact it's a summer birthday, so I didn't have school to get me hyped up, and people were gone on vacation. And my family didn't go crazy with birthdays. :) I also asked Ian (June 16th). He said he does get excited when June rolls around, he starts getting excited, even though he doesn't show it. So I would say your theory seems to be holding up. :)

Anonymous said...

My birthday is also in April (10th) and it is a glorious month. I think it is partly because I have so many family members with April birthdays, sometimes Easter is in April and partly because the weather just seems to turn around in April. It is so...fresh. Well, happy early birthday Megan and I hope Boston is treating you well. Your turkey looked pretty darn good. I just might have to try that out!

Stacey said...

I agree whole heartedly with you Megan. My birthday is June 25th and I think June is the best month of they year. I don't just celebrate on the 25th but the entire month. It's my birthday month! And April is your birthday month so celebrate away! And I want you to know that I am one of your faithful readers. You and Daniel need to drive through Indiana and stay with Kreg and I sometime.

Anonymous said...

My birthday is on the fifth of June, but June will always hold a special place in my heart. :) Whenever I hear about anything in the month of June, I feel happy because I feel like I'm friends with that month. I'm strange I know! Of course, now that Micah was born in April I do sort of have an attachment to this month as well. And I LOVE spring!!!

Christine