9.10.2009

Rainy Days

Yesterday morning was perfect! We all slept soundly to raindrops, woke up to a deliciously gloomy sky, and enjoyed all the cozy peacefulness of a drizzly day. I am pretty sure I enjoy rain more than the average person... there are so many reasons to love it! The soft light, the rolls of thunder, the fresh scent, the pitter-patter on the windows, the cool breezes... I could go on and on about my love for rain. You cannot imagine my glee when I saw nine out of the next ten days have a good chance of rain! And highs in the eighties! I even opened the windows for a while it was so pleasant outside! That is, until it stopped raining and air became thick and smelly with humidity.

Anyway, it has been literally months since Elli has seen a rain storm, so we celebrated by playing out on our deck, taking a nice long bath, and painting. Such a lovely morning!

Here's the view from our deck with lots of rippling puddles! Everything is greener when it rains.Venturing out!Posing for a picture...
Oooo, look what I found!
She spent quite a while studying the leaf...And of course, you can't really know a thing until you TASTE IT!
Mmm... nature tastes good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures -- the last three are too cute for words!!

Manhattan misses you ... as do the people of Manhattan. Besos!

Kayla said...

I don't think they get much cuter...I love her rolls!

Unknown said...

I'm so in love with that girl! And so happy you got rain!