10.13.2009

On My Radar

For whatever reason, I can't fall asleep, and since I've wasted enough time on facebook, I guess I'll blog... Here's a very random list of a few things that have caught my attention recently, in no particular order:

Winter Snow, by Chris Tomlin
Possibly my favorite Christmas song for the season, but it's early yet. I'm still accepting nominations.
Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte
Never thought it would happen, but this drink has topped my all time favorite coffee drink, Panera's hazelnut coffee with half and half. I'm also dying to try it at home!
Veggies
I wish I knew if we have something like this.Fall Foilage
I am desperately missing Autumn! Most days still feel like August here, or September at best. However, I recently learned that there will be color this far south, but not until mid-November. Daniel and I are already planning a camping trip to enjoy the beauty.
Signs
In my Bible study, we're going through the book of John. Last week I spent a lot of time contemplating Jesus' first miracle and what it teaches me about him. I am loving my BSF study and getting so much out of it!The "I'm Debt Free!" Scream
I've never really been a huge talk radio gal, but recently I stumbled across The Dave Ramsey Show, and must admit I like it! Every time a caller has paid off all of their debt (sometimes an amazing amount of money!), they get to tell their story and finish it off by screaming "I'm debt free!!!" Click here for an example, if you've never hear it. I cry every time.

Castle
New. Favorite. Show.
Tuesdays can't get here fast enough.
(That may confuse... it actually airs on Monday nights, but since we don't have cable, we watch it online on Tuesdays.)MacBook Pro
I keep hearing about more and more amazing programs that Apple has... I'm sold.
Hmm, maybe I should listen to some more Dave Ramsey...
DIY Upholstered Headboard
Daniel and I are combining our creative powers (okay, the creativity is all his... I bring the crafty experience) to design and make our own headboard for our bed.
Carseats
I can hardly believe Elli will be old enough to sit in a forward-facing carseat soon. It seems like yesterday that the carseat outweighed her! Any tips and recommendations from moms would be appreciated!
RNRSA Half Marathon
For obvious reasons, I'm thinking a lot about running. 32 days to go! You know, I used to be really intimidated by long runs. Six was torture, and I couldn't seem to get past that. Having now run ten on my longest training run, I am no longer afraid... in fact, I think I can safely say that I'm hooked!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

So cool that you are doing BSF! I've grown up around BSF my entire life. My mom is the south side teaching leader in Indianapolis for BSF. And actually maybe you know this but San Antonio is the BSF world headquarters. Also...on carseats...I wish we had gotten one that would convert all the way up to a booster. And I wish we had one with armrests so I could buy a tray that will fit on his carseat for long car trips. You can't get a tray without armrests for it to attach to. But I've thought a tray would be great for snacks, coloring, etc....while in the car.

Unknown said...

Okay, so much to say...

First of all, you and D are amazing. I can't imagine designing and making my own headboard. :)

Secondly, that picture of the camping spot is gorgeous! I can't wait for you to be able to drink in all of the fall colors, because I know you love it as much as I do!

Remember when I would talk on and ON about Dave Ramsey! Hm, I need to start listening to him again...

But probably the most informative tidbit was about Castle. I am so ready to like a tv show again. No, love one. So...is this the second season? do you really love it? I think I'll have to catch up - I usually like the shows you like.

LOVE YOU!!!