10.19.2009

Pumpkin Patch


Daniel, Elli and I made the trip (rather longer than we thought it would be!) to spend a day at a pumpkin patch.  We'll definitely come back when Elli is a little older.  There were tons of activities to do: miniature horseback riding, haybale maze, scarecrow making, pumpkin painting, and a petting zoo.

For our day, Elli did a lot of observing.  She's so nonstop busy at home, it often takes me off guard that she's so quiet and observant in a crowd.  But I'm pretty sure that she did have fun.  I know she loves her pumpkin, anyway!

Elli loved and hated the animals.  She refused to touch any of them but the dog, and even then just barely.  Every time we got close to one, she would laugh nervously.  We took it to mean, "I like watching the animal, but this is close enough!"

Here she is with her daddy and the doggy.
and the horse

This was her expression the whole time... taking it all in, but just not too sure.
Sheep
the sheep fence... gross. 
Turkey... another classic expression from the day.
Elli and I... unfortunately not the greatest picture of Elli, but a pretty good picture of my haircut for those who asked.

Pumpkin!
And the grass in front of the pumpkins... she did finally start climbing on them and being cute, but our camera had run out of batteries.  So sad!

5 comments:

Yates Family said...

Megan,

You look beautiful! Pumpkin patches are so much fun. We went to one a few weeks ago and Carson had a blast. (Averie just watched like Elli.) I love that Elli was eating the fence. So adorable.
Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Your haircut is amazing! So jealous. I'm trying to grow out my hair. It grows about an inch a month but it's still taking forever!

Unknown said...

I love her expression! It's so much fun introducing littles to the world. Your haircut is AWESOME - I think I should bring a picture of it to my hairdresser and copy it. :)

Megan said...

Thanks, friends! I must admit I am loving my haircut.
Christine- I'll do you one better and show you the magazine picture I took to my hairdresser!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha .... I was thinking the EXACT same thing as Christine!!!