12.07.2009

Where does the time go?

Wow... I'm having a really hard time believing it's December 7 already. Could Elinor's first birthday really be so close??? Christmas shopping... what's that? Eek! So much to do... so little time! Okay... so I've got a ton of catch up to do on blog posts... this may take a few days!

And if you're wondering why I'm blogging instead of attending to my very long to-do list, I promise I have a good excuse. Saturday after Thanksgiving, I started having a bad stomach ache, which soon became a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen. After a long and not-so-fun series of ER visits, blood tests, sonograms and finally a ct scan, they determined that I need to get my appendix out! So, after an appendectomy that Sunday, today is my first day by myself with Elli, and since she's napping right now, I'm taking it super easy.

Here are a couple of pictures from the hospital... Elli was so sweet! She gave me lots of kisses and even let me snuggle with Pooh Bear. This is after they finally gave me pain meds, so I was feeling a whole lot better. Elinor found my IV pretty fascinating!I want to say a big thank you to Uncle Michael, who graciously helped out the whole weekend while I was back and forth between the ER, moaning in pain at home, and in surgery. Thanks for being such a good uncle and brother! Sorry your vacation wasn't exactly what we were hoping for!I also have a huge thank you (but unfortunately, no pictures) to Daniel's mom, who flew in the day after my surgery and helped out for a whole week! She took care of Elli, kept our home spotless, and prepared delicious dinners that we're still enjoying! We are beyond grateful! I don't know how we could have done it without you!

1 comment:

Anna Kristina said...

WOW! That's crazy! Glad you didn't have any complications and you are recovering nicely.