4.05.2010

Hippo!

This morning we met my friend Brook and her boys (almost 4 year old twins), Cardo and Harrison, at the zoo. They treat her like a little sister, and are always taking care of "Baby Elli." She loves the attention. :)

Elli and I were a little early, so we waited by the Koi Pond.
The most amazing animal sighting of the morning, however, was the hippo. Every time we've gone to the zoo, the hippos are turned in the opposite direction, so all you can see is their very large bottoms, which look almost exactly like rocks in the water. This morning, however, we got a much better view! Elli was fascinated and kept running back and forth from me to the hippo, smiling and pointing.
(Unfortunately, this is the only picture I got, and from the back I cannot tell if it is Cardo or Harrison.)

No comments: