5.19.2010

Fishing and Packing

Here is a picture my dad sent us from the guy's fishing trip this weekend.  They had beautiful weather, pretty good fishing, and the fire ban was lifted the morning they left!

Daniel was gone five days (four of which were out of cell phone range!), and boy did Elli and I miss him!  After the first two mornings without him, I decided to change up our usual morning routine of bringing Elli into our bed to cuddle and wake up, because she would get sad looking for her daddy under the pillows!  There was so much joy this morning, however, when her daddy came in to get her!

Our weekend was full, and therefore went by quickly.  Originally we were planning on flying home for a girl's weekend with Mia, but it turned out to be confirmation Sunday at our church, and I needed to be there for several different events.  I was particularly excited to be part of their service project Friday night.  We served a Mother's Day dinner to families living in a transition shelter, and then played bingo and had a pinata.  I am hopeful that our youth will build a lasting connection and commitment to this ministry.

We also did a lot of this:
 Ugh.  You would think after seven moves in three and a half years, I would be a pro, but I really do not enjoy this process.  At least the fun part (unpacking and organizing into a new space) is still ahead! 

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I think I've missed something along the way. Where are you moving?? did you guys buy a house? And how did you get Elli to sit still long enough to paint her toes?? I'm not sure I could get Makayla to sit still.

Megan said...

We're just moving to another apartment not far away. It has essentially the same space and amenities, just in a less expensive part of town (wish we'd known that last year!).
Elli was actually very interested in me painting her toenails. She's such a girly-girl. The hardest part was not letting her touch them before they dried. I did two very thin coats very slowly, giving them plenty of time to dry in between.