10.30.2010

12 Weeks



I know our baby still looks slightly alien, but I could not love him/her more!  Thursday had been a rough day... I wasn't feeling well and was discouraged by that... but then at my doctor's appointment, I got to see our little munchkin and how much he/she had grown since the last appointment.  And it was all worth it.  I couldn't stop smiling, and I was reminded that any amount of suffering will be completely worth it when I get to hold this little one in my arms!

Here's what's going on this week:

Baby:  about the size of a lime, his little fingers and toes can curl and uncurl, his eye muscles have begun to twitch, and his digestive system is already beginning to function.

Mommy:  still experiencing all-day sickness and fatigue, but beginning to see some improvement.  not a true bump yet, but no longer comfortably buttoning my jeans anymore!  bring on maternity pants. :)  

2 comments:

Michaela said...

Very nice! Cute profile:)

alli kaarina said...

Oh. I love thinking about this baby! What a miracle babies are!