5.16.2011

Sisters

The Tuesday before Caroline's birth, Elli and I went shopping for a present for Baby from Elli.  We wandered around the store a little before stopping at an end cap of little loveys.  There were lambs and doggies and various other options, but wouldn't you know, the one that caught Elli's eye was Pooh Bear.  The minute he was in her arms, he was being introduced to her own Pooh Bear and welcomed into the Pooh Buddy family.  She helped me wrap him in a little box, and we set the box on the kitchen table, ready to take when Baby arrived.  

During my pregnancy, we of course talked with Elli about the baby in Mommy's tummy and all of the fun things she could do with the baby, but we were never sure how much Elli actually understood.  Daniel and I are both very close to our siblings, and we knew that Elli's life was about to change forever.  Their first introduction to each other was something I thought about often.  I dreamed of how perfect it could be, but prepared myself in case it was slightly less than perfect.

But this moment was far better than I could have hoped for, and I will treasure it always.

  

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Precious! That video actually brought tears to my eyes!

Michaela said...

Oh that video is so cute! Evan and I watched it and just loved it! I love when Elli says Caroline's name and kisses her:) Perfect!