2.29.2012

Books


We spend a lot of time reading at our house, so I thought I would share some of our favorites this week.  I let the girls choose what we're going to read most of the time, but then I always have a few that I'm pushing. :)

Caroline is loving:
Rainbow Colors Peekaboo! (This girl just loves peekaboo, especially now that she's figured out how to turn the pages herself!)
Ten Little Ladybugs (She loves touching the ladybugs.)
Good Night, Gorilla (I love that this book doesn't have a whole lot of words, so a lot of it is expression and gasps, which she responds to a ton.)

Elli is loving:
Summertime in the Big Woods (Based on the Little House books. I can't wait to read the real ones with the girls!)
The Best Kind of Kiss (Spoiler Alert! The best kind of kiss is Daddy's kiss, so this was a special one to read while Daddy was out of town this past week.)

Mommy is loving:
Bear Snores On (I love the rhythm of this book and especially all the onomatopoeia.)
The Miracles of Jesus (I always enjoy the artwork of Tomie de Paola.  This has been a perfect lunchtime book for us.  I've been reading Living the Christian Year, and I think this will be the perfect book to read during the season of Epiphany next year.)

3 comments:

Daniel said...

I didn't get polled, however, Daddy is loving "The Little Blue Truck". Mostly because of the toad with the massive bicepts...

The Frenchs said...

I LOVE this post! I think I might copycat this! :)

Megan said...

Ahh! Daddy, we will definitely include you next time!

And Allison, I'd love to hear what books you all are loving so I can go check them out too!!!