7.18.2012

These Days...

... this girl is walking everywhere with both arms adorably extended upward and a big smile on her proud face. I still get surprised when she walks around the corner. Where did my baby go? She gives kisses upon request, which is often. When I ask her if she wants to go brush her teeth, she drops whatever she's doing and toddles to the bathroom as fast as she can go, saying "Ahhhh" the whole way. Sister loves her dental hygiene. She is now fully weaned and made that process easy on me. She snuggles into my shoulder every night while I sing to her before bed. If I think it's getting too quiet and go looking for her, I almost always find her reading a book. She gets super excited when she sees a dog or a picture of one, and Ginger tolerates lots of snuggles and pat-pats. She loves to skype, pointing to the computer and signing more.

Photobucket

...this girl continues to amaze me with her curiosity and heart. She will stop in the middle of a Target trip to say, "Hey, Mommy. You know I love you?"  When we pray to Jesus, she wants to make sure we're talking to the real Jesus - "the one with long hair."  She prays for him to help her with the "shin" in her heart. She knows he lives in there... and in her tummy, apparently. When some of our family recently went through a difficult time, she prayed daily that God would "make them not sad and make them happy." She quickly understood the concept that Cara is more important than her toys (thank you, Rachel Jankovic), and has really made an effort to share her toys. When I was sick on the Fourth of July, she was so sweet to me - patting my back, asking me if I felt better, helping me out around the house as much as she could. In dance/gymnastics class she is doing so well at listening to her teacher, following instructions, and trying new (hard) things. She still looks for me through the glass to make sure I'm watching.

Photobucket

... our family is designing (and hopefully soon building) a chicken coop. If you had asked me six months ago if I would consider raising chickens, I would have laughed.  But I'm really excited about the learning opportunity for the girls (and Daniel and I!) and of course for the fresh eggs! Although our GF experiment is on hold until Daniel sees the doctor, we are trying to limit it to some degree, and consequently have tried a few new yummy recipes. We are getting excited for our upcoming trip to see family in a few weeks. For a month or so now, the girls have been going to bed at the same time, and while most nights are quiet and uneventful, Daniel and I smile at each other when there's a few rounds of giggles while they settle down. Above all, we are thankful. Although there are certainly challenges and disappointments in our lives, we are doing our best to live with grateful, content hearts. Thankful for all of the above and so much more. God is faithful and so so good.

Photobucket

No comments: