11.13.2012

Movember -- a blog from the blue-eyed-(currently-moustachio'ed)-boy we're so crazy about


Movember: changing the face of men’s health
“During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo's, these men raise vital awareness and funds for men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.”
-    Continued on their website: http://us.movember.com/mospace/3772753

Yes, for the month of November I am growing a mustache.

However, in doing so, I am using Movember as a platform to share something much more dear to my heart. My family with the help of many others has started a Charity called R.A.C.E. Charities (Raising Awareness of Cancer Early-on). The Gensch Family has been afflicted by the harsh realities of Cancer in young adults.  Four brothers (Ryan, Michael, Eric and Jonathan Gensch) all suffered from varies forms of testicular cancer, and one daughter (Glory Gensch) suffered from  Colon Cancer. All five of these individuals are my cousins and all have contracted cancer at ages younger than 25. In memory of Michael and Glory, the Gensch family, led by Glory’s brother Jeremy Gensch, has brought Glory’s vision to life.

I encourage you to visit the site RACE Charities at http://www.racecharities.org/ and watch the moving videos that explain the mission and story of RACE.

If you are interested in how unbecoming my mustache is… feel free to visit my Movember page : http://us.movember.com/mospace/3772753

If you are led to donate to the cause small donations are encouraged. My mustache is moral support for the team here in the office, but my heart is with RACE Charities.
Thank you for your time. If nothing else please watch the videos and if moved to share, spread the word. Cancer is REAL, and we can prevent it in so many ways. Sharing knowledge is the first step.

-- Daniel --

No comments: