7.12.2014

May

(Sheesh, I'm behind!)

May was so full and fun, and I really can't believe it went so quickly! I have misplaced my camera cord, so I'll have to upload more once I can get those pictures. Here are some of my favorite moments from May.

The girls and I spent a morning at the zoo early in the month. The girls wore their adventure hats.
 photo IMG_5651_zps180d435b.jpg

Charlie loved her first trip! 

 photo IMG_5652_zps86218450.jpg

We spent mother's day with my family. The girls gave me a sweet little book of pictures and notes. This page is my favorite, because they are always "so hungry," so it's nice to know I'm apparently making progress in this department.

 photo IMG_5702_zps29c52367.jpg


While in my hometown, we visited a farmstead where the girls got to feed goats, explore teepees and ride horses.

 photo IMG_5689_zps36a316a7.jpg

And we celebrated a certain someone's third birthday. I think it's safe to say she felt loved and special!

 photo IMG_0868_zps8904e9dd.jpg

 photo IMG_0872_zpse5716fa4.jpg

On her real birthday, we ate pancakes on the "kitchen" floor while she opened gifts. You gotta love the cloth diapers hanging in the background... Classy, I know.

 photo IMG_5710_zpseb51f403.jpg

Speaking of the kitchen, we made some major strides in the kitchen renovation; most visible are the kitchen cabinets! Caroline was actually very helpful. She somehow intuitively knew what tools or parts we would need next.

 photo IMG_5674_zps0a190edc.jpg

I sent my girlfriends a text that said, "Rejoice with me! I'm installing drawers!" It maybe should have also said, "Pray for me... I'm installing drawers." because the instructions have no words, just pictures. :)

 photo IMG_6389_zps90756114.jpg

We also worked to find a good school routine. Although we won't officially start kindergarten until the fall, I know it's important to begin to structure our days to fit in a dedicated school time. Routine has been so absent from our lives for so long that I confess I've struggled to do this; but we're making strides, and the girls are enjoying it!

 photo IMG_5655_zps502fe809.jpg

My favorite part is our reading time; it brings back so many memories of my home schooling days. Plus, I get to reread so many great books!

 photo IMG_5768_zpscc42ef85.jpg

Memorial Day weekend we started out at the farm, and the girls got to have several adventures:
Shooting guns (with my Uncle Jeff)

 photo IMG_1070_zpsf9b7a86f.jpg

 photo IMG_0956_zpse95a4bde.jpg

Even Charlie got in on the action! :) For those who might be concerned... the gun was not loaded.

 photo IMG_0903_zpsc2658f97.jpg

Riding the four wheeler (with my Uncle Keith):
Elli and Cara took turns doing this for a loooong time.

 photo IMG_1053_zpsc9771202.jpg

After her first ride, my mom asked Cara if she was scared. Her response was, "No, I sooooo happy!"

 photo IMG_6113_zpsd81b32b5.jpg

My favorite part was probably exploring my grandma's garden. It's so inspiring!

 photo IMG_0996_zps8dc25956.jpg

Charlie continued to smile more and more for not only Daniel and I, but her sisters as well!

 photo IMG_5799_zps77fd6992.jpg

We took the girls' bunk beds down into individual beds, and they've loved it! This is one of the few pictures I have of their completed quilts, and I love the little pillows my mom made to match.

 photo IMG_5770_zps586f20a4.jpg

We took some sweet family pictures over Memorial Day weekend, and this candid one that my sis-in-love captured has just got to be one of my favorites!  (Thanks, Sara!)

 photo IMG_6163_zpsb247bba1.jpg

I caught this sweet smile from my sleepy girl. :) Thank goodness for the iPhone, because there would not be nearly enough pictures of Charlie without it!

 photo IMG_6301_zpsac6ccd97.jpg

You know, I kind of thought the novelty of "Baby Charlie" would eventually wear off, but I'm beginning to rethink that. These two girls continue to adore their baby sis.

 photo IMG_5831_zpsf24de6e8.jpg

This picture just completely defines our crazy life right now: dishwashing , paint rolls drying, and toddler potty-training... all in one room.  I will be so thankful when our bathroom is simply a bathroom. :) This is also our first solo date night (thanks, Nonna), so obviously I'm pretty excited about that!

 photo IMG_6304_zpsfafc5164.jpg

Charlie fell asleep while I was packing for our Memorial Day trip... she is such a content little baby.

 photo IMG_6092_zps4ab8d50c.jpg

Usually our Saturday mornings include two more little people populating our bed, but this particular morning we got to snuggle with her until she fell back asleep.  Love!

 photo IMG_6171_zpsbb1bbc5f.jpg

Charlie discovered her thumb this month, and oh.my.goodness. I melt every time. She is the sweetest little sweet-pea.

 photo IMG_6395_zpse7367e1e.jpg







No comments: