11.05.2015

Introducing Thea Faye


Thea Faye
Born October 23, 2015
at 8:15 AM
8 pounds 1/2 ounce 
20 inches long


 She's here! One week late, our sweet baby four entered the world and our hearts on a Friday morning, healthy and just the sweetest! Our whole family is enamored with her, and we are treasuring our early days with her.


I began having contractions Wednesday afternoon, and after several hours of waiting and checking in, my parents decided to go ahead and make the drive that night. The contractions kept coming all day Thursday, but despite our best efforts, they didn't pick up frequency or intensity. We enjoyed a beautiful morning at the pumpkin patch, hoping and waiting... At my regular doctor's appointment that afternoon, I was disappointed to learn that there hadn't been much progress. Unfortunately, I also learned that my doctor had to leave town for the weekend. At this point, I began to feel some anxiety... I had discussed with my doctor my fears about having the same painful afterbirth experience. Knowing that he wouldn't be there, I privately began to consider the possibility of an epidural. Thursday evening they began to be more intense, but we eventually went to bed to get whatever sleep we could. Around 2AM, the contractions kicked up a notch (or 20!), coming 3-5 minutes together, so I woke up Daniel. Once we got checked into the hospital, I was dilated to a 6/7, and because of the combination of back labor and my increasing anxiety, I made the decision to have an epidural. I'm so thankful to have had a great experience with no complications, and I was able to relax very quickly. From that point on, the experience was just hilariously different than the other three. Daniel slept until I was ready to push. The nurse had me push once, but very quickly told me to stop and wait for the doctor (this would have been impossible without an epidural!). Once the doctor got there, I pushed once more and there she was! My first thought was how perfect she was! She had the cutest little cry and dark, piercing eyes.

Thea has been a dream baby... she nurses well, sleeps well and is generally peaceful. We are beyond grateful for this sweet gift!

No comments: