12.22.2009

Birthday Girl

More on our precious one-year-old later, but I just had to share these videos of Elinor opening her birthday present last night. This was one of those "mommy moments" that brought tears to my eyes, and I know I'll remember it forever.
Happy Birthday, sweet Elinor!



After her breakfast this morning, she wanted to sit in the chair with Pooh Bear (of course) a singing alphabet toy our neighbors gave her, the pink bow, and a peek-a-boo playing, doggy birthday card my parents sent her (which she keeps kissing!). She hasn't budged in over 30 minutes, and I'm hoping it keeps her happy all day long, because I am packing packing packing! We're going home tonight! Kansas here we come!


Edit: At Elli's one year appointment (on January 20), she weighed 23 lbs and measured 30 inches, putting her in the 60th percentile for both.

3 comments:

Mira's mom said...

She is so cute and proud sitting in her new chair. What a doll!! How can she already be a year? I have never even met her! Will you guys be at Mathew's wedding?

Jessica said...

SO adorable! We got Brooke one of those chairs for Christmas, I cannot wait for her to open it up.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Elli!! Can't wait to give her a kiss! I think the chair was a big success! Loved her big smile.