3.17.2010

Club Play Date

I am seriously blessed to have had the same best friends since junior high. We call ourselves, "the club," because we became best friends by forming our very own club - dues, events, officers and all! Even though we can no longer have regular meetings, bike to each other's houses, go to school together daily, or even live in the same state, these friendships never fade! Two of the girls, Julie and Michaela, still live in my home town, so we planned a play date for Elli and Julie's two kids, Carson and Averie. We missed Alli, our fourth member, but are thrilled that she will be having the fourth club baby (her first) in August! Love that the club families continue to grow!

There really is nothing quite as fun as toddlers! Elli was beyond ecstatic that Carson and Averie came to play! She affectionately attacked them when they came in the door, and continued to (rather aggressively) love on them the entire time. Seriously, she did not know how to handle the love!

This has to be one of my favorite "toddler moments" of the day. You can just imagine the dialogue that would have been happening if they could speak in full sentences:

E: Look, Averie! Check out this awesome baby stroller!
A: Really, for me? Thanks!
A: Oh, wow... It's wonderful!
E: Yeah, you like that??.....
E: Bam! How do you like it now? Bwahaha!
A: Ah, man! E: I was just kidding, A. You can have it back!

E: We're friends again, right?
The making up snuggle.

Okay, so honestly they played incredibly nicely together. I just think the above exchange is so typical of toddler behavior!
Here are the kids just havin' fun!
And a little flirting going on...Averie's not quite sure how she feels about this!
Reading with their "Club-Ma," as my dad says.
Julie, Michaela, and I... we miss you Alli!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Megs, the dialogue was hilarious. I had to read it twice; it was so funny and cute. Love our kids!

Michaela said...

so sweet. I love it!