6.25.2010

VBS


And that is the reason, my friends, that I have not blogged in over a week.  I have been leading music at our church's vbs this week, and even though it's only three hours in the mornings, you would think I'd been there for eight.  I have desperately wanted a nap every single afternoon! (In all honesty, this is only partly due to vbs, but also partly due to completely giving up caffeine this week.  On July 5 I'm leaving for a missions trip to Mexico, and even though I am assured they have coffee in Mexico, I'm a little high maintenance about my coffee, and I'd just rather be completely off of it while I'm there.)

Last week and weekend I was a complete wreck about leading the music... I know, I'm a complete pansy.  I was freaking out much more about leading worship for 120 four to ten-year-olds than for 130 adults the Sunday before (more on that in a later post!).  My personality just doesn't really scream kindergarden teacher, you know?  Anyway, despite my nerves, the week was a blast.  

Elli spent the week with the two and three-year-olds, and had the time of her life!  Every morning she wanted to "wok-wok" all by herself to the classroom, and as soon as she walked through the doorway she turned around, waved and said, "bye-bye."  My little extrovert.  Never happier than in a crowd. They made several crafts throughout the week (only one of which survived the trip home), and today she brought home this t-shirt and hat she'd been working on all week.  She loves to point to the handprints and hear me say "hand." 

No comments: