7.20.2010

Eighteen Months

I am having a hard time believing that Elli is really eighteen months already!  These past six months have gone by so quickly!  I think I've said at every single age how much fun it is, but I'm especially enjoying this stage!  Elli is so busy, so playful.  She longs to communicate everything, and is curious about whatever we're doing.  Here are some of my recent favorites:
  • She loves to "work" alongside me while I'm folding laundry, mopping the floor, making dinner, etc.
  • Since Pooh Bear is not allowed to leave the house, I found a "baby Pooh Bear" who stays in the car.  Elli loves to sing songs to him while we're driving.
  • She has begun to try to repeat everything I say.  I especially love how she says, "Dun-dun-dun."
  • Her favorite song is "Wheels On The Bus," followed closely by "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes."  I might be a little tired of these two already.
  • She loves to get "dressed up" in just about anything but especially in Mommy's shoes.
  • Ever independent, she likes to walk by herself whenever possible, and knows how to ask, "Wok-wok?"
  • She loves giving kisses has started using sound effects to go along, "Mmmwa!" She also gives eskimo kisses, butterfly kisses, and cheek kisses. So sweet!
  • When she doesn't want to get her diaper changed or go down for a nap (which, let's be honest, is every time!), she wraps her arms around my neck and clings to me with all her strength.  I'll take her hugs however I can get them!
  • She's begun to play a little game where she'll look at me with her "angry eyes" and when I give her the same look we both burst into laughter.
  • She loves to wink, although mostly it's with both eyes.
  • Some of her new words include: Ginger, juice, mine, Tigger, diaper, dry, Nona, Papa, Grandpa, and Mia
  • She loves for me to fix her hair (which is pretty easy right now! :)
  • One of her favorite things in the world is cups with straws.  This is very helpful when we go to restaurants... she'll play with one for a long time!
  • Elli knows no stranger.  She talks to the people in the check-out line; she waves to drivers at stop lights; and she is instant best friends with any child about her size.
  • She loves stickers!  This has become a life saver for any situation where she has to sit still or wait for a while.
  • She loves to boss Ginger around, telling her where to go and when to eat.  Not sure that Ginger loves this so much. :)
  • She loves to look at pictures and point out her family and friends.
  • She is still very much into animals and has learned several animal sounds, including doggies, cows, pigs, and kitty cats.
  • She loves to talk on the phone, holding it up to her ear and walking around the house like mommy does.
  • She loves to wear Mommy's lipstick.  What a girl!

No comments: