2.18.2012

Rain

 I love rainy days.  Love, love, triple love them.
Yesterday the clouds were so dense we needed our lights to read books by in the afternoon.  
This morning, Caroline and I rose to a morning filled with sweet rolls of thunder. 
Today I got to go on a drizzly run (my favorite).


I'm in a good place today.  The air drifting in through our open windows smells fresh and clean.  My jeans are still damp around the hem from my dash to the mailbox.  A warm cup of green tea feels cozy in my chilled fingers. More importantly, I am reminded of God's provision for our bodies, our hearts, and our souls.  Like water to my thirsty soul, He blesses and fills me.  My mind and heart find peace, nourishment, and hope.
Thank you, Lord, for making it rain.

O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

No comments: