5.10.2013

28


I felt so blessed on my birthday this year. I mean, how could I not with these three cuties in my life?
-- including that little nose-picker in the middle :) --

 photo _MG_7696crop_zpscf704941.jpg

As I look back over this year, I am just overwhelmed with gratitude. There have been some hard and stretching things, but I am confident in God's goodness, nonetheless. Here are 28 reminders of the Lord's faithfulness this year:

- another year of doing life with my best friend - that our love and marriage continues to grow - my sweet girls who are already the best of friends - Elinor Faye, my curious and creative four year old - Caroline Faye, my book-worm cuddle-bug (almost) two year old - answered prayer to be home with my little loves - answered prayers for less traveling for Daniel - good health and safety for our family - his perfect and constant provision - answered prayers for my two sweet new sis-in-loves-to-be - hope and peace for some unanswered prayers - a lovely, comfortable home to grow our family - a brief season of sharing life with a like-minded family... they have moved away, but it was such a blessing and gave me hope that we are not alone in our vision for our family - a beautiful (cool!) spring - lots of quality family time - some new friendships - the Spirit filled church God has called us to here - God-given strength to give up my beloved coffee creamer :) - coffee - the extension of our running trails which mean much more enjoyable long runs - seeing the girls enjoy snowman building and sledding - new experiences and adventures - the discovery (mostly through Daniel) of some new, favorite music - the blessing of fresh oranges in our backyard - bsf study of Genesis - the joy of starting preschool with the girls - the surprising fun of having backyard chickens - and finally, His grace grace grace, new every morning. it is enough -

Daniel's parents came to visit the weekend of my birthday, and took us all out to dinner at my favorite restaurant. There's really no better gift than being with family. :)

 photo _MG_7690cropsmall_zps31b907eb.jpg

No comments: