7.07.2013

Rehearsal

Early in June, my oldest brother, Michael, married his sweetheart, Trilby. The wedding weekend took place in the gorgeous Smoky Mountains, or as Elli has called them -- the 'Mokey Mountains or the Dusty Mountains. :) The girls had the honor of being their flower girls, and Daniel stood with Michael as a groomsmen.

My favorite men:
 photo _MG_8005_zpsaef7647b.jpg

Cara and her Mia:
 photo _MG_7999_zpsa6321276.jpg

Rehearsing: Elli was very excited about being a flower girl, and she took her role very seriously.  Cara was pretty excited about the basket and spent the whole rehearsal filling it with petals from the floor. I love the way she carried her basket.
 photo _MG_8017group_zps75c10606.jpg

I so wish this picture wasn't blurry, but I had to share it anyway, because it just makes me so happy to see Trilby looking at my brother that way. I couldn't be happier for him and for them!
 photo _MG_8036_zps42cd8eda.jpg

Michael has always been such a loyal and loving uncle to the girls, so it's no surprise that Trilby has so easily moved into her role as Aunt! The whole weekend, I couldn't stop thinking about how blessed I am to have such great sisters-in-love, and what wonderful women my daughters have to look up to in their aunts. God is so good!
 photo _MG_8054_zps3bb40556.jpg

These two lovebirds are next! How cute are they?
 photo _MG_8050_zps0424e3a5.jpg

After the rehearsal, we had a rustic and delightful dinner with family and friends. KC Barbeque was served (yum!), and it was sweet to catch up with everyone.
 photo _MG_8091group_zps34bd16e5.jpg

My dad and grandma roasting marshmallows for their s'mores.
 photo _MG_8099_zps9c686197.jpg

My sweet girl:
 photo _MG_8095_zpsb30fab3b.jpg

 Uncle Adam and Elli walking down to check out the mini-golf course. He always makes the girls feel so special.
 photo _MG_8102_zps2c63ce18.jpg
 

1 comment:

Michaela said...

Loved this post!!! Thanks for sharing it Megan!