5.29.2015

October Baby


In January, Daniel and I found ourselves suddenly and simultaneously (ok, and rather surprisingly) ready for another baby. The Lord is good, because a few days later there were two lines on a stick, confirming what I think I already knew in my heart. We could not be more excited to add another little one to our family.

Even though we thought we might burst with the news, we decided to try to keep it a secret until Charlie's first birthday. We knew her party would be a fun time to tell a lot of our family all together. Somehow I was able to avoid suspicion as I passed on wine and fought the daily nausea, and I'm so glad we did, because the reaction when Charlie opened her Big Sister shirt in front of her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins was priceless. Elli and Caroline were both thrilled, and immediately began to hugging and kissing my belly... a practice to which they've added shouting, "I LOVE YOU, BABY!"

One thing we decided to do differently this time around is find out whether our little peach is a boy or girl. I'm excited to be able to nest little more specifically and fully! The girls are excited to know, too.

Overall, it's been a smooth and healthy pregnancy so far, for which we are so so grateful. I can't believe we are halfway there already!

No comments: