9.02.2015

September Goals

I love a new month, almost as much as I love a new season! I have been especially looking forward to the autumn this year (for obvious reasons), so I'm welcoming September with open arms. As I've anticipated and "researched" what having four little ones is going to look like, it seems that for some people it was not a huge transition from three to four, but for others it rocked their worlds. So... I'm trying to be as prepared as I can be; hoping for the best, but ready for a tough season if that's what's in store for us. Goals are an important part of motivating myself, so I thought I would record them here to keep myself accountable.

Now, I'll be honest. I'm not sure I can really do this. I'm beginning to have days where I'm feeling every bit of this pregnancy, so my true first goal is GRACE. As I've prayed over this particular season, the Lord put 2 Corinthians 9:8 on my heart -- "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." I have been so convicted that, while all these goals are good and wise, the most important preparation I can be making is to lean into Jesus, to trust him for strength to do his will today. So, with that in mind, I have prayed over these goals, but I'm trusting that even if I don't accomplish all of them, he has provided me with everything I need to accomplish what HE has called me to do. Lord, give me strength and discernment.

Health Goals:
  • Take prenatals and iron supplement every day. I was doing great on taking my vitamins until the gummy ones I bought during the first trimester ran out, but now that my normal prenatals taste like grass and not candy, I'm somehow less motivated. I really do feel a difference when I'm taking them, however. 
  • Drink lots and lots of water! My goal for every day is to drink three of those big cups they give you at the hospital, which holds 32oz. Hopefully this will help with some of the swelling in my feet and legs. 
  • Be active every day. Now that I'm at the home stretch, it's getting harder and harder to want to exercise, but again, I feel a difference when I do! I'm not setting any specific goals here - it could be a walk, some squat/lunge intervals, prenatal yoga dvd... whatever - I just want to be intentionally active every day.
Home Goals:
  • Get cold weather clothes out and ready, including coats, hat, gloves, etc. Its a little early, obviously, but I want to be as prepared for this next season as possible. This also includes going through the girl's clothes and making sure they've got what they need. 
  • Finish pillow covers for couch.
  • Finish decorating Charlie's room, which for now means hanging up her book shelves and some pictures. I have some ideas for a few fun projects, but they can wait.
  • Get ready for baby girl! Wash car seats, stroller, newborn clothes, etc. 
  • Declutter "problem areas" around the house. Maybe devote just fifteen-thrity minutes a day, going from room to room, just clearing out and putting away. 
Homeschool Goals:
  • Keep going! I feel like we are in a great routine right now, and I want to keep that up until baby  girl gets here.
  • Apple picking field trip with friends to go along with How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World unit study
  • Complete lap books for completed unit studies
Parenting Goals:
  • One-on-one date with each of the girls before baby girl gets here. 
  • Keep reading the Chronicles of Narnia to the girls in the evenings.
  • Put together some busy bags for Charlie to use either during school or nursing sessions.
  • Plan and prepare some seasonal crafts to do with the girls after baby girl comes. Crafts are possibly their favorite thing ever, so making time to do some together will hopefully be a great way to connect with them during the foggy mommy-of-a-newborn weeks. I'm hoping to have some ziploc bags with all the supplies ready to go, so I don't have to scramble around trying to think of something. Thank goodness for Pinterest!
Personal Goals:
  • Plan a few dates with my man.
  • Continue with daily quiet time, preferably in the mornings before the girls wake up, but I'm giving myself a little grace on timing since I've struggled recently with pregnancy-insomnia. 
  • Schedule a haircut and pre-baby pedicure!
  • Prepare (as best as I can) my closet for the postpartum season. Put away some maternity and pull out tops that work well for nursing. 
  • Plant (and keep alive!) some mums. These just make me happy, so I'm putting them into my goals!

No comments: