7.07.2009

Summer Days

Sorry about all of the background changes. I can't seem to find one I like!

Daniel and I talked last night about how much we are enjoying having nothing to do. Yes, we get a little bored sometimes, but we also have not been able to spend this much quality time together since we have been married! So, although we are looking forward to finding a church, getting involved, and activities starting up in the fall, we have decided to take full advantage of our free evenings. We love to take Elli swimming, shoot hoops and run at a nearby middle school, play our ongoing game of sequence (Megan is up 72-70 in case you were wondering), Skype with our families, paint together, play Settlers of Catan online, watch some Office, and get ourselves settled here.

On the weekends, we have been trying to plan at least one fun, out of the apartment activity. We visited a local farmer's market, went out to eat at Market Square, and tried to go to SeaWorld. We live in a fun city with lots of stuff to do, and I think we're beginning to adjust to being out in the heat. I've just had to accept that my hair will never look good and deodorant is an absolute essential. :)

Elli is as sweet as ever, although she does have her grumpy days. As much as she drools and gnaws on everything she can grab, I keep thinking she must be teething, but so far I can't see or feel anything. She loves to eat, and I am having so much fun introducing her to new foods! So far, she has had green beans, carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, and apples. Today she will try butternut squash for the first time! I love her reactions, especially with the very tasty foods. The first time I gave her apples, she scrunched up her face and wouldn't have another bite! Now I think she really likes it, although sweet potatoes seem to be her favorite so far.

Elli loves her books, but mostly just to chew on right now.

No comments: