8.21.2010

Big Day

 Elli has changed drastically over the last few months, but not much has changed in how I care for her.  We still do the same basic, daily routine that she has had for the last six months or so.  Same nap time, basically the same foods, etc.  But I think we're on the brink of some major milestones in this girl's life, beginning with sleeping in a "big girl bed."
While we were house sitting a few weeks ago, Elli took a few naps in a king sized bed, and to my very great surprise, she did great!  Not once did she try to get out of bed!  So Daniel and I decided that she may be ready to graduate to the toddler bed.
This morning after breakfast, she got to help Daddy take the front panel off of her crib.
At first she seemed a little unsure about it.
But soon she climbed on in and made a little nest with all of her "Pooh buddies."
And gave it a test snuggle.  She seemed to approve!

During her nap today (and bedtime so far tonight) she has not once tried to get out of her bed!  Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come!

Just a few minutes ago, I peeked in on her and couldn't resist taking a picture of how she had situated herself.  (Forgive the pictures... it was dark, so I had to use the flash and didn't take any extra shots!)  I love those little toes peeking out!
And of course she kept Pooh Bear as close to her as possible!
My sweet Elinor is growing so fast!  Next up - potty training!  But not for a few weeks at least.  I'm not convinced she's 100% ready, and her chronic, violent diaper rash has almost disappeared for now, praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Way to go, Elli. Her sleeping pictures are adorable. She sure is growing up fast.