8.19.2010

Witte Museum

On Thursday of G-family vacation week, we took the kids to the a museum. Now, I kinda messed up on this day, because I had read all about a children's museum with a play grocery store where the kids could shop, a bubble room, and other toddler-appropriate activities.  I was so excited to go.... ahem... I'm still excited to go.  :)  Somehow I got the websites mixed up and so we ended up at the wrong museum.  Oh well, I guess that will just give us something fun to do when Micah comes back! 

We did still have a lot of fun, however.  There was a dinosaur exhibit, complete with moving and roaring exhibits! This was a hit with some of the kiddos, and not so much with others, so we didn't spend much time there.  The science tree house in the back proved to be the most hands on and fun!  Some of the activites were a little above the mental and physical capabilities of our two one-year-olds, but they still had a blast!

 As you enter, there is this interactive floor mat on which you can play all kinds of games.  If you look closely under Micah's feet in the first photo, you can see the "ball" that chased them during dodgeball.  Elli just like to run around with Micah!
 The chair pulleys were a hit with Elli, although I did have to help a little...
When they pulled down on this rope, it created pressure that would then pop a tennis ball high up into the air when the rope was released.  (At least, I think that's what was going on... has it really been eleven years since high school physics?)
Micah got a kick out of the soda bottle "rocket"
And I would watch the weather every single day if the forecasters were as cute as these two!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love seeing the adventures of my favorite boy and his sweet little "Ewlli" :-)