9.21.2010

First Day of "School"

This year, Elli will be going to Mother's Day Out on Tuesdays and Thursdays for five hours.  I love it, and she loves it!  I feel incredibly weird driving away without her, however.  Kind of that "wait, what am I missing?" feeling. Here she is, excited about this "school" that Mommy keeps talking about...
 One of my favorite parts is how much she enjoys her little back pack.  She does not want to take it off to get buckled into her car seat, and she loves to help me pack it in the mornings with her diapers and lunch. She even wanted me to take a picture of it during our little photo shoot. And of this stick.  Hmm...
Not sure what's going on here... showing Pooh Bear the plant, maybe?
And this is her, "okay, I'm done with the pictures already" face.
When we first got into the classroom, she nervously hugged my leg for a few minutes, but as soon as she saw the puzzles, I no longer existed.  I even had to steal my goodbye kiss! Sniff... sniff.  :)
Her teacher said she had a great day, and she even took a nap!  I love that she's getting all this social time with other kiddos, and I know she loves all the activity. 

2 comments:

Michaela said...

Excellent use of the hair clip! I love her backpack! Thats fun that she did so well. I bet she loves it!

Anna Kristina said...

aww! She looks so big with the backpack on!