11.16.2011

Fall Festival

I'd better post our Halloween pics before December rolls around, huh?  Sheesh... Where do the weeks go?

Our church held a family fall festival at a mini-amusement park.  We had so much fun hanging out with our church family and meeting many of our neighbors.  I had envisioned a cute picture of the girls together in their costumes, but Elli wasn't really into hers for most of the evening, so there wasn't really an opportunity.  I did, however, manage to get a picture with my two moo-moo's!  Daniel's costume was a huge hit with both kids and adults, and he even scored a free lunch that day at Chick-Fil-A!


Caroline reused Elli's ladybug wings and tutu from last year.  I knit her a hat, and my mom added the pom-poms to complete the outfit.  On Wednesdays, while I attend a lunch with our church's high school students, Elli and Caroline hang out with our friends Anna and Erin (and their mom).  Anna and Caroline were both ladybugs, and Erin was a bumblebee and an excellent face painter!

Our pastor, Matt, got his face painted green to be a Jedi Yoda.





Caroline was a little confused at first by here daddy's costume but warmed up pretty quickly.  Elli LOVED the rides at the park!  She wanted to go again and again!


Possibly her favorite ride was the inflatable slide.  Her first time she was nervous going up the slippery ramp, but after a few times, she was flying up the ramp.  Here she is going down with her friends Susannah and Anna.  Caroline was content to watch.  :)

When we got home, there were still several trick-or-treaters out in our neighborhood.  Actually, there were way more than I expected - my dad had to rush out to get more candy! Daniel and I took Elli to a few houses on our block, and I'm pretty sure we made an impression on the neighbors.  Not sure exactly what kind of an impression...  :) 

No comments: