12.23.2011

Three

Okay, I couldn't even type in the title of this post without tearing up, and I'm really not a crier.  Oh dear, this is only going to get worse, isn't it?

My sweet Elle-belle, 
Today you are three, which just seems impossible.  You're no longer my little baby and part of me kinda misses your bubbly little infant-self, but at the same time, I'm totally digging your energetic, hilarious toddler-self as well.  You make every stage so fun!  In a later post, I'm going to let you tell us more about who you are at three years old, but here are a few moments from this past year that I don't want to forget:

  • This year was monumental in your life for one simple reason: you opened up your heart to little Caroline and became the world's best big sister.  Seeing your eyes light up the moment you saw her (and how you patted your knees, saying, "Right here." because you wanted to hold her) will be one of my most treasured memories.  But the thing that really gets me is that you still light up when you see her!  You are so excited to come with me to wake her up from naps, and you are so delighted to spend your days with her.
  • If I could bottle up every thing you say, I totally would.  Your vocabulary and clarity have increased astronomically this year, and I just adore all your precious toddler thoughts.  Beyond the content, you have way of saying things that is all your own.  Sometimes I think you sound like you are bilingual (although, sadly you are not), because you will say things like "the house de me."  Your 's's tend to sound like 'sh', which can make for some pretty funny moments (for example - "I sitting on the potty), but also make for some adorable words like "shweeming."  And finally, I can't get enough of how you say Christmas - it sounds like "Tritmush." 
  • As I watch videos from earlier this year, I am struck by how fluid and kid-like your movements are now.  You add in extra spins and kicks just because you can, and your little strut is just hilarious.  We have a lot of dance parties at our house, and girl - you have got some moves!  Those are undoubtedly from your daddy. 
  • One thing you get from both of us is your love of arts and crafts.  (I should clarify - the arts are from Daddy, the crafts are from me... I lay no claim to artistic ability whatsoever, but I love me a glue gun!)  You will spend the longest time coloring or painting, and you are never happier than when we do a craft project together.  Your projects are usually intended by your own choice for someone, although Mommy is not terribly consistent about mailing them to the recipients.  :) 
  • Recently in BSF, you heard the story of Jesus ascending into heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father, and you've been fascinated by this ever since.  Often, when we talk about praying to Jesus, you will beg to go "up in da sky and seeeeeee Him!!!"  I hope and pray your desire to see and know your loving Maker will always be this strong!  
I could go on and on.  You bring our family so much joy and laughter; you are a kind and loving daughter and friend.  Your daddy and I feel so blessed to have you as our firstborn daughter, our family's big sister, and our little friend and companion.  God is so good!

Love you so much.
Mommy
!

No comments: