9.29.2014

5K and Festival

This weekend we got to spend a day with our dear friends, the B family. Emily invited me to run in a 5K, my first race since Charlie was born. I was pleased to run it under my goal time! After the run, we explored their town's festival.

Their two girls are between Elli and Caroline's age, and they play together SO well. If only we lived a little bit closer... although we get to see them much more often then when we lived in Texas!


They all explored the ambulances and fire trucks.



Amazingly, we even got a shot of all the kids (except Charlie, who was sleeping in the ergo) looking at the camera and smiling! 


When Charlie did wake up, she was a happy little chickadee! I have fallen hard for six-month-old Charlie. She is already full of personality and fun, but is also still my snuggle-bug!


After a yummy (and surprisingly quiet - thanks to the fire department's coloring books!) lunch, we went out to the kid's area. There were several craft tables set up with fun projects... basically my girl's paradise.


Sometimes it can still seem like we are "new" here, even though it's been a year since we moved... but today was such an encouragement. Just to relax into such effortless friendships was a breath of fresh air. Another sweet reminder of God's goodness.

No comments: